The 36-year-old failed to make any impact this season in the Premier League for manager Jose Mourinho's side after failing to recover fully from
a serious knee injury he suffered in the last campaign.
Nonetheless, the Swede's time at Old Trafford was a success as he banged in 29 goals in 53 appearances for the team, as United won the EFL Cup as well as the Europa League trophy in 2016/17. 
With that said, his injury problems as well as the arrival of Romelu Lukaku meant that his days were seemingly numbered and he has since signed for Galaxy in the MLS. 
The player said of his move: "I decided to sign with Galaxy because I think it's the right place for me. 
"I think I have a lot to give, I can help them a lot. It's the best team in the US. There were no doubts." 
After the deal was concluded, the 36-year-old took out a full page advert in the the LA Times which simply read, 'Dear Los Angeles, you're welcome